Creamy Queso with a Kick!
- 1 can evaporated milk (one can)
- 1/2 lb American Cheese cut into small cubes (you might need to find this behind the deli counter)
- 4 oz Shredded Mozzerella
- 4 oz Shredded Sharp White Cheddar
- 2 T Canned Jalepeños (or add more to give it a little extra kick!)
- 1/2 t Chili powder (if you want it a bit smokier, add in chipotle chili powder instead)
- 1/2 t Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- Sliced Jalapeño and fresh Cilantro to garnish
1. Slowly heat evaporated milk over low/medium heat in a medium sauce pan.
2. Once milk is simmering, reduce heat to low, being careful not to let the milk boil or burn.
3. Whisk continually while adding in the cheese a little bit at a time, allowing it to melt before adding more.
4. Once the cheese is completely melted, add in spices and jalapeños
Then top with sliced jalapeños, cilantro, and a salsa of your choosing!!Enjoy!
Leave a Reply